Wednesday 31 October 2007

Last day of labs, wohoo!

I'm about forty minutes away from being finished with my lab work! The disaster that was last Wednesday's PCRs may be salvaged as I'm running 3 of the possible positives for lyme disease in with the site I'm working on today; and today's work has gone ok so far! I was a bit concerned about contamination between the sites, but I think I was careful enough not to accidentally touch tubes with contaminated gloves etc. Anyway, I will find out soon enough!
The last PCR wasn't that bad to be fair, just a little blurry and ambiguous in places.

Kung fu last night was good. I've been back three weeks now after missing two months due to field work, and I'm starting to get used to the pain again! It's a bit embarassing that a lot of the new people are now exceeding me in terms of form, but I'm slowly getting there.
I haven't been for a run for about a week, and it's seriously doing my head in!

Gareth is recovering well; he even went upstairs to check the post yesterday! He gets the screw taken out of his ankle on the 20th November, then he is almost there!

Just realised how sparse this site looks regarding photos, I'll have to bring some on the the pen to put on - yep, BT have still not shown up, so no phone-line or internet at home yet. Grrr. Except it's got to the point I just can't be bothered to be angry anymore.

No comments: