Thursday 18 October 2007

Hallucinogens and tick soup

I'm halfway through my lab work now. We've (me and the girl I'm working with) homogenised all the ticks we're using (essentially making them into tick soup) and we've started the PCRs for the one's we're using in our projects. Apparently the one's we've done previously don't count as they were practice. What a waste of two days that could have been used for something that actually counted!
It's my nephew's birthday today and I have yet to send him his present - my sister moved recently and I don't know her address; I wonder if that was intentional! I think he'll like it. Gareth, his mate and me all think it's ace anyway! It's times like family birthdays that make me wish I lived closer to home. This last year seems the worse for missing family though, but at least I only have about eight months left.

The fireworks have already started around our street, and Willow woke up because of them two nights ago and jumped on the bed. I don't know how long she'd been there as I didn't wake up immediately, but she wouldn't budge from Gareth's side until he almost rolled on her. I was disorientated anyway as I'd taken a valarien tea as I've not been sleeping but it makes me hallucinate if I wake up in the middle of the night. Before trying to remove Willow I spent a couple of minutes trying to flick fish from her bed.

No comments: