Thursday 4 October 2007

Spare time

I'm halfway through my first day of learning how to perform PCR (polymerase chain reaction). There's a lot of waiting involved so not sure how much of this technique I will use for my Honours project. I suck at chemistry, so this isn't my idea of fun (especially when having to use ethidium bromide which is a known mutagen - not that I intend to drink the stuff).
Unfortunately I've entered fourth year with a less than enthusiastic attitude, so I'll just be gald when I've finished and can find other things to stress about! It probably hasn't helped that not only did I not get my top choices for my honours project, I have also not got my first choice of the review essay. It's on a first-come-first-served basis. It's difficult motivating yourself to work on something that really isn't in your field of interest. Grr.
Willow has been having a good time though. Yesterday she stole a mueslie bar from one of Gareth's friends, and later stole two halves of leftover pizza when I was in the study room and Gareth in the garden. She's already had her tea so we couldn't compensate by not giving her her kibble! Conversely, Draco is hungry as we forgot to feed him yesterday - I guess that's why Willow grabs food when she can in case we forget to feed her...

No comments: