Wednesday 24 October 2012

Birthday card

I tried something a little different with this birthday card.  I incorporated a super quick cross stitch tag and attached it to the card with some thread.  I like the overall effect, and I think I'll be making more of these.  Cross stitched cards can take a surprising amount of time, but using this method is a nice way of producing some speedy cards that still have that needlecraft look.

 The photo doesn't show it well, but 
the cross stitch tag has metallic thread

Upright image to try and show the 
tag dangling. Excuse the messy
background - I didn't plan the shots
that well

 I wish I knew how to take better photos of my craft projects.  The blurry, poor detailed shots (even when taken outdoors) I do manage put me off posting them.  If anyone has any tips on photographing crafts I'd be very grateful!  I have a 'point and snap' camera, so I'm a bit limited with regard to manually focusing etc., but there must be something I can do to improve the image quality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try setting them against a contrasting background and point a bedside light at them to illuminate. Pillow cases & towels can make a good backdrop. Not sure if it will work but may be fun trying. In the new house the back bedroom will be ideal as it floods with sunlight.

Love Lynn