Tuesday 16 October 2012

Anniversary and maternity cards

Below is the anniversary card I made for Gareth a couple of months ago.  I like the design, but unfortunately smudged silver ink all over it.  I really enjoy sewing on cards! I think it adds a nice texture and impact to the overall effect.

A simple design, but I like it!

 This is the 'you're leaving to have a baby' card (I'm guessing they're just called maternity cards) I made for my manager recently.  The cross stitch design looks simple, but it was surprisingly fiddly.  It was stitched on 32 count aida so I was a bit cross-eyed by the end.  It also has metallic thread which is notorious for tangling.

 You can't see it very well, but the gold
embellishment is a baby's bottle embossed 
on gold vellum.

 I'm not sure why my photos of cards keep coming out rubbish.  I think I need to explore my camera settings a bit more.  More examples of poorly photographed cards are below.  The first was a birthday card for my mother-in-law, and the second was for my neice's 3rd birthday.  Not that I'm trying to catch up on craft blogging in one post or anything.


 Another simple card. I think it works
ok, but I feel there is something 
missing.

A very girly card! I can't say I'm a   fan  of the
design,but it seemed perfect for a 3 year old girl.
I messed up the French knots used for the eyes too,
so the bear looks like she's stroking out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cards are brilliant, I especially like the anniversary one. My card was lovely as well and I didn`t feel it had anything missing.

Love Lynn

Lainey said...

I'm glad you liked your card. I think that's the nature of any crafter; you always see what you could have done better!

Paula said...

They are lovely Lainey. Your manager must have been thrilled with her card.

I love the design on Emma's card. I don't know if you noticed, but I still have it on the mantlepiece in the lounge and it was her birthday 3 months ago!

Lainey said...

I had noticed; it was a nice boost for my ego!