Thursday 6 August 2009

Second pest control visit

The second application of pesticide was applied to the house today. This time the spare room, dining room and front room were done for the first time. Because of the extent of the pesticide use this time, I'm back in Plymouth for a week to make sure the dogs are safe from any of the pesticide the pest control people used. They said that they would be ok after a couple of hours, but as the dogs are relatively small and we'd rather not take the risk I'm staying at my parents.
It took some preparation as I had to bath the dogs just in case they were stowing any unwanted passengers, check all the items I was bringing down with me for eggs or bugs and double bag the lot. Gareth and I also bought a spare set of clothes which had remained in the car away from the house to change into when we arrived.

We are getting pretty fed up with the bugs to say the least. I even found one crawling on my trousers when I was sat on the floor in the front room. It must have been pretty desparate for blood though as it is very unusual to find bed bugs questing in the light when their host is still awake! It makes you feel quite grotty to think of all these bugs everywhere. Especially as we have to run baths at the moment because the shower doesn't work and hasn't done since we moved in. We are getting to the limit of how much we are prepared to put up with.

We have had to double bag everything we didn't want to get ruined by the liquid pesticide. As the dining room was the worst room we decided not to take any chances of transferring any out of there so went through the room stark naked except for black sacks tied around our feet which we threw away after. Despite the stress this whole escapade has been, I can't help but see the funny side at times!

However, I'm hoping our luck may be changing as I have passed a stage of interview for a job and am waiting for the second stage, and also have another job interview on Monday. Good news, but a bit of a pain as I will have to travel back to Bristol for it and back to Plymouth again for the dogs. Still, I'd rather go through all that and possibly get a job!

No comments: