Friday 14 August 2009

don't ditch the car!

The interview went ok. Despite all the rushing to get my documents from the house, they didn't ask for them. Oh well, at least I was prepared if they were required!
I don't think I answered some of the questions as well as I could of though. The question part of the interview was an hour long, so to be honest I was getting a little bored by that point! I then had a practical test to perform was consisted of a typing speed test and answering some scenario questions. I actually quite enjoyed that, but whether my answers were what they were looking for I still don't know. They want whoever is successful to start on Monday, and as it's Friday I'm not too keen on my chances! I will still contact the company and ask for feedback on my performance.
The journey back was a bit of a nightmare. I missed my booked train by one minute through a combination of poor city signing and a bad sense of direction. The next train was an hour later but that was running 45 minutes late. I eventually got into Plymouth at 19:40 and was able to make it to the bus stop in time to see the bus drive past (despite my running toward it in an obvious 'wait for me' fashion). I'm incredibly reluctant to spend money on taxis, so I started to walk part of the way back home until the next bus (also an hour later) was due. I got home at 21:30 so the day was pretty tiring!

I doubt people will be leaving their cars home in favour of public transport until it becomes much more reliable.

No comments: