Sunday 13 September 2009

Sketches

Over the last 7 years or so, I haven't really done a lot of drawing or artwork. I'm not sure quite why this is, but I think it is in part due to not having a lot of time when at university (working weekends and attending uni weekdays did not inspire creativity or energy!) and for a long time my head just wasn't in a good place - a lot things in my life took a backburner whilst I dealt with various things.
Anyway, I've started drawing again and thought I would post some of my sketches. I'm quite aware they aren't particulary good, but after such a gap I wouldn't expect my skills to have improved! Random dragonfly and a non-specific wading bird! For some reason there is a very snitch-like object too!

I have never been very good at drawing people, I always preferred animals - not surprising I did a zoology degree then really! However, I was pleased with this guy!

Ok, anatomically not very well drawn, but practice makes perfect - or at least passable!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I always love seeing your drawings. You are talented artist, you shouldn't put yourself down. These are amazing. I particularly like the last one.