Tuesday 15 September 2009

Interview update

My first solo motorway drive went well. As usual, it wasn't half as bad as I'd built it up to be. It was actually quite enjoyable - especially as I was completely at liberty to choose my drive-time music. Rob Zombie never sounded so good!
The assessment went ok too. It consisted of an 8 minute literacy test where you had to identify spelling/grammar mistakes in a passage of text. Rather embarassingly, I only found 12 of the 15 mistakes - my A'Level tutor would not be impressed! There was also an 18 minute numeracy test based on using a variety of tables of data to ascertain the information you needed. I was doing fine until ratios were brought into the picture. I've never been a fan of ratios! As such, I got 15 out 20 for the test. Oh dear. Oh well, it was enough to pass the assessment so I have to go back again on Saturday for the second part of the process.
Travelling 2 hours a day could prove tiresome, but I with the recession I think I need to be prepared to travel for a job.

No comments: