Friday 4 September 2009

Creative block

The bedbugs are still here! After being isloated from my craft stuff for nearly three months, and deciding that that is more than enough time for any crafter, I went into the dining room to do some scrapbooking. I thought that after two doses of different pesticides and no bloodmeal for months, the chances of their being any bedbugs would be quite minimal. I started emptying the box I'd packed all the art stuff into and found one of the ruddy things at the bottom of the box. It had the audacity to be alive too. Gareth soon rectified it's mistake by dousing it in RIP, crushing it's head before manually homogenising it (not that we have personal issues with bedbugs or anything).
Instead of a relaxing afternoon crafting, I spent the next two hours emptying all the remaining boxes and found another live bedbug in a separate box. We have a lot of stuff to throw away in that room that we aren't prepared to take chances with (i.e. seat cushions etc.). I'm kinda gutted as I've being missing doing crafts and I still can't get my hands on any of it! The scrapbook/cardmaking things will have to stay in there until I can go through them one by one to make sure they are ok. I'm a bit annoyed by this as I wanted to make a wedding card for Gareth's cousin and his fiancee but we have had to buy one instead. I've also got to freeze all my cross stitich stuff for three weeks (when there's room in the freezer!) as the aida could harbour bedbug eggs.
I do have access to a sketchbook and pencils, so at least I can still be creative to some extent!

No comments: