Sunday 6 September 2015

Project #5

I'm very much a beginner knitter, so when I get the urge to knit something I try to keep it straightforward.  Rowan was getting desperate for some new jumpers and since I had a (major) surplus of cream 8ply wool, I thought it was a good opportunity to knit him up something.
I found a free pattern courtesy of the knit and crochet community site Ravelry. I liked the shoulder button opening as it wouldn't matter then if I made the neckband too small for Rowan's head.  It was an easy pattern done in stocking stitch throughout so didn't require much concentration.  However, there was a mistake in the pattern - the original photo of the completed sweater clearly showed four buttonholes, but the pattern itself only had 3.  This meant that there was a bit of a flap where the neckband should join. I managed to bodge an amateur loop stitch and create a fourth button fastening to mitigate the flap, but it isn't in line with the rest of the buttons (hence why that button is an unassuming white).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its an excellent knit,

love Lynn