Monday 14 September 2015

Project #7

This duvet cover and pillow slip set has been sitting around unfinished since I made project #1, my first duvet cover.  I only had the poppers to sew on but it's taken 8 months to finally get around to completing it.
The material was from a stash given to me, and I was unsure what to use it for.  Initially I thought about making some curtains for the office, but it is a fairly thin fabric, and to be honest it didn't really match the room.  Despite the feminine pattern, I decided to make it into another duvet cover for Rowan.  This has proved a good move as lately his night-time pull-ups have been leaking!

The duvet cover really needed a lot more poppers than the 3 I sewed on, but that's what was left in my sewing box so it'll do for now.  The combination of delicate embroidery and heavy handed toddler probably means it won't have much longevity anyway.


Extra bedding for a leaky toddler.
I don't iron. 

Close-up of the embroidery. Not the most
boyish of fabrics but it fairly muted

No comments: