Monday 17 June 2013

Swimming

We took Rowan for his first swim when he was 4 months old.  He took it all in his stride, and nonchalantly floated about in his inflatable chair like a contemptuous king.  Gareth pushed him around making motor boat noises, which Rowan thoroughly approved of.
Unfortunately, due to Rowan having a tummy bug (another first!) and a few other bits, we hadn't taken him swimming for 2 months.  This time he spent the majority of his time out of his inflatable chair, and enjoyed splashing about whilst being supported by me.  I was surprised when half an hour had passed and he was still happy, but ended the session there as I didn't want to push it.  I still haven't dunked him under the water yet, but I will do soon to help boost his confidence in the water.

Unfortunately, I couldn't take photos of him in the pool, but here are a couple of him getting ready.

Unimpressed thus far

Super cool swim nappy!

Unfortunately this one came out
blurry - babies don't keep still
(who knew?), but I still think it's a 
nice shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats a fantastic photo of you and Rowan, the swiming trunks do look super cool. Rowan looks like he`s getting taller and taller . They used to say when Gareth was a baby, that by the age of 2 and 1/2 years you are half your fully grown height. Can`t wait to see you all next week.

Grandma Lynn