Sunday 23 June 2013

Bristol Zoo

My best friend from university had a meeting in the South West this week, and so she took the opportunity to visit Gareth, Rowan and myself.  As we both studied zoology, we decided to visit Bristol Zoo.  So Rowan ended up with a zoology graduate and a doctor of marine science as his guides.  It was perhaps a little extreme for him.
I was surprised that he coped with such a long, busy day.  We arrived at 10:30am, and left at 3pm during which time Rowan took a couple of naps in his pram, but apart from that he was enthralled with the zoo.  He particularly enjoyed the butterflies and the aquarium.  And the ducks.  He pretty much ignored the posturing gorillas to watch the ducks. Oh well.

Since I haven't asked my friend if she minds me adding photos of her here yet, I haven't uploaded any.  But she does exist.  I do have friends, really.

Zoo!

The first of many 'your face here' boards
that will appear over Rowan's childhood  

Rowan was mesmorised by the colours
of the fish, coral and anemones in the
aquarium 

The butterflies fluttered very close to Rowan's
face, which caught his attention! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its going to be a whole new photo album for the " put your face here" photos.

Grandma Lynn