Thursday 21 February 2013

Expression of freedom

Gareth fed Rowan for the first time last week.  It was really nice watching them bond over a feed, and I enjoyed not having a baby-sized nipple piercing stuck to me for an evening.
I don't intend to express very often, so I've been hand-expressing rather than buying an expensive machine.  I spent 40 minutes expressing 3oz, and Rowan downed it in about 5 minutes and I had to top him up myself anyway.  Hmm.  Not sure if it's going to give me much free time!  Although I took a look online and have found a few tips on techniques that should help speed things up.

Bottle feeding

 Gareth offered to do a night feed for me, which I was looking forward to!  Unfortunately, Rowan went back to sleep by the time the bottle was warmed, so I had to get up later anyway as the milk couldn't be re-warmed.  Oh well.  Better luck next time!

It's nice knowing that I can have some time to myself when I need it.  I'm hoping to go swimming in the next couple of weeks, or go for a bike ride, without clock-watching too much. 

2 comments:

Paula said...

What a lovely picture!

Hand expressing always seemed like a great deal of effort for very little reward! I think I still have my electric pump somewhere if you would like me to try and find it. It is SO much easier and much faster.

Lainey said...

Very true! That would be great if you could find your pump, thank you!