Monday 21 January 2013

2012 Christmas cards

Here are this year's Christmas cards.  Unfortunately, due to moving, pregnancy and other generic excuses I only had time to stitch my parents, in-laws and sister's cards.  I was fairly happy with how they turned out, although I wished I had more time to be a bit more careful about the embellishment placements and design.

I was happy with this one.  It's titched on 32 count linen
with beads and a lot of fiddly back-stitching.  I was a 
bit lazy (I like to think I was being environmentally
friendly) and just cut out the Christmas sentiment
from a bought card I received last year!  The same
applies for the following cards...

I had intended to put the 'Ho Ho Ho's' 
at jaunty angles, but annoying I only
achieved this for the centre one, so it 
looks accidental now. Grr. 

I like the tartan effect from the red 
backstich lines in the design.  Luckily I
had some matching tartan style fabric in my
stash to use for the sentiment's background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your card had pride of place on my telly, I thought the Ho Ho Ho`s were fine. I am always amazed at how much patience you have making cards.

Lynn