Wednesday 4 February 2009

Update

After failing my first driving test 5 years ago, I am about to start learning to drive again. I have my first lesson this afternoon and I'm a little nervous. I'm worried about what I have remembered or forgotten more than actually driving (which I always used to enjoy). Fortunately the snow has melted so I don't have the added complication of ice on the road to contend with!

I have also found out that my Dad is allergic to Glyn. He comes up in a rash and generally feeling like crap after touching him. I think Dad is probably allergic to Willow too, but as their fur is so different (Glyn has coarse, thick fur and Willow has fine fur. Molly, being a Yorkie has hair not fur). So the necessity to get better jobs and find somewhere to live is certainly increasing.

On the job front, still no news as to when and if my job will be made permanent, so I'm currently stuck on part-time hours at a lower wage than my contract counter-parts. I have sent off some applications for laboratory assistant work and one for a library assistant post and am waiting to hear back from them. Unfortunately, now is not the best time to be looking for work with the current economic climate being less than depressed.

No comments: