Friday 27 February 2009

Extraction

Gareth had the rest of wisdom teeth removed at hospital yesterday. I was able to sit with him whilst he had it done and, wow, does it look sore! The scapel looked bad enough, but when you saw the force with which the doctor pulled the rather large molar out it made me wonder if there is really a strong enough anaethestic (Gareth has all this done under local). Currently Gareth is able to eat really soft food, and his jaw still looks painfully swollen.

I drove to work yesterday under the guidance of Gareth's Mum's husband. I was particualry nervous as I hadn't driven in a city for over 5 years, but it was fine. I think I am concerned about my driving now as I remember when I was driving a lot better, but with practise I should get back to where I was - and pass this time!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Good for you for just getting in the car and driving. I need to do the same thing or I'm never going to get my confidence back.

Give my best to Gareth. I imagine he's in a fair amount of discomfort at the moment!

Lainey said...

True, although on a separate occasion I think Dad required something stronger than hot, sweet tea after I nearly drove into a land rover! Though I learnt from it - make sure the gap is big enough for your car!

Gareth is doing a lot better than after his first extraction, but will pass on your best :)