Tuesday 10 February 2009

Plod

My second driving lesson in 5 years went well today. I was inexplicably nervous at first though, but thankfully that soon passed.
I've been shown how to do manouevers in a lot more simpler way than I was orginally taught which should make life so much easier! Although I am finding it a bit confusing remembering the new methods simultaneously! Still, with practise I'm sure I will be fine.

I have finally been given a date for my contract to start with Royal Mail, so I look forward to more money coming in soon. It's still not really enough to move us out of my Mother-in-law's, but once Gareth has find work we should hopefully be back living with our dogs in no time. Gareth has also got two weeks work experience at a local accounts firm soon, so that should help with finding a job too. Likewise, he has a driving test next week which will help his employability too.

In the meantime, life is progressing at its usual pace and I'm spending most of my time cross-stitching a birth sampler for sister's third child (due in July). It's not quite as impressive as the ones I've sewn for her first two, and if they have four it may be reduced a keyring-fob sized design!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I'm really glad to hear you've finally been made permanent with Royal Mail. It's one less thing to worry about.

Don't worry, if we go for four children, we won't be having No.4 for a good long while!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Sorry! I ended up posting that comment twice, so I just deleted the repeated one.