Wednesday 8 October 2008

Night out

Gareth and I met up with an old school friend and his wife a couple of nights ago. At first it was a little odd as none of us has seen each other properly for 5 years since Gareth and I went to uni. But we soon relaxed - I'm sure the alcohol helped with that (although I only had a glass of wine and a Bailey's at the end of the night - sometimes I get drunk very quickly on small amounts, and as I didn't really want to make an ass of myself I erred on the side of caution!)
I swear you get over 25 and then you can't handle late nights like you once did. By midnight my mind and body was screaming for bed! We stayed a bit longer, then headed back.

We've all decided to make more of an effort to see each other, especially as Gareth and I don't know if we'll stay in Plymouth. Plus, I'd like to get to know them better as so much time has passed we've all changed a lot.

I can't believe the Union Rooms charge entry to get in - it's not like it's a club or anything!

No comments: