Monday 26 January 2015

Clifton Downs

Gareth and I enjoyed a rare day together today.  I enjoyed a long lie-in (10am!  I haven't slept in that late in, well, I can't actually remember) while Gareth got Rowan up and ready for nursery.  We then decided to go for a walk around the Clifton Downs.  It's very rocky and steep in places, so we took the opportunity to go toddler-free so we could get a bit closer to the edges without worrying about Rowan wanting to do some impromptu bouldering down the rock face.
It was a really overcast day, and since I'm still figuring out my camera the photos weren't fab.  It was also really windy and cold, so I didn't take too many pictures since I wanted to keep moving to keep warm!



 When we got home, we just vegged out and watched a film together and generally enjoyed some time off. 
Rowan had a good day at nursery, and was in a good mood when we picked him up so we had a pleasant family evening before his bedtime too.  In summary, an excellent recharge day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a lovely day, photos are very atmospheric and look really good to me. Have a fun day,

Lynn

Paula said...

A trip out alone is rare treat. Mark and I think we are doing well if we get to pop to Tesco without kids in tow! Can't remember the last time we had a proper 'date' Glad you got to have some time alone together.