Saturday 30 August 2008

Wedding

Bit late, but here's a quick entry on our wedding two weeks ago. I'll add photo's at a later date!

As the wedding wasn't till 5pm, we had quite a leisurely morning with little panic. I think my friends Nat and Magic were pleased with this as they had travelled down from Aberdeen and Inverness respectively the day before! After a brief bonding session over some balloons randomly exploding in Nat's face, it was time to collect some of the other guests who Dad would be driving to the venue.

As we were about to head to Kitley House, it started pouring it down with rain! Fortunately it didn't last and we were able to have the photo's outside!
Once there, we went to the bridal suite and we totally blown away by the sheer size of the bathroom - it was bigger than my old flat! I put on my makeup, then the hairdresser arrived. My sister, her husband and my niece and nephew soon arrived and despite the numbers (Nat, Fin, Mum, Gerry and my sister and co., it wasn't crowded!
The time went pretty quickly and it was soon time to be strapped into my dress (thanks Nat!).

My niece was perfectly happy to be 'Princess Lily' for the day and was put into her dress with no problems. My nephew however was having none of it, so it was quite a challenge for my sister and Mum to coax him into wearing his outfit (both the kids' outfits were made entirely by Mum).

At about 17:10 (running late of course) my Dad led me down the stairs to the ceremony room. We entered to the music of Eels 'My Beloved Monster' and went and stood by my future husband. Unfortunately, I can't remember precise details of the ceremony as I was quite excited! But we signed the register with Eels' 'Beautiful Freak' playing then we went out onto the grounds for Pimms on the lawn! After copious amounts of photo's, it was soon time to head back in for the meal. We'd decided to opt for an alternate starter and dessert (pigeon or soup, and pancotta or lemon tart) which caused a little disagreement regarding the pigeon! (personally I thought it was fantastic)! The main (beef wellington) went down well though!
We had fortune cookies for our favours, and some of the fortunes were quite apt! The best man had 'people will be listening to what you have to say' and Nat had 'Be nice to pigeons, one day you will be a statue'!

My dad's speech was fantastic, as was Gareth's. Tom (the best man), despite his nervousness, gave what is probably the best best man speech - an opinion shared by many of our guests!

As we weren't having any dancing, the chocolate wedding cake was served in the evening with coffee before we had more photo's - Gerry did a fantastic job throughout the day!

We both had a great day, and hope our guests did too. Hopefully we didn't neglect anyone, as it was difficult circulating enough to make sure we spoke to everyone. If we did forget anyone we apologise!

When Gareth and I headed to the bridal suite, Gareth was equally amazed at the size of the bathroom before we exchanged gifts. I was totally knocked out by the surprise honeymoon to Paris Gareth had arranged (see previous post), and I think Gareth was happy with the nude photo's I'd posed for!

My sister's blog also includes a post on our wedding: http://podheim.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-08-16T20%3A07%3A00Z&max-results=7

Her blog makes an entertaining read about the day to day antics of my niece and nephew: www.podheim.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Paula said...

Your wedding was fantastic, you looked amazing and we all had a wonderful time. Can't say fairer than that!