Sunday 10 August 2008

Reader's Digest

After spending the day doing housework to get it out the way before the wedding, Mum, Dad and myself were having a chilled evening cross-stitching, quilting and watching TV. The dogs were happy with Glyn and Molly playing tug together, and a contented gnawing sound could be heard from upstairs. Figuring it was probably a Nylabone, I didn't think anything of it until, on heading to bed, I discovered the delightful little git had been gleefully chewing the spine of one of my favourite books. She had completely eaten the binding so now the pages are just about managing to hold together - through sheer willpower on their part I'm sure!

I'm pretty gutted as the book is a fully illustrated hardback copy of Industrial Light and Magic that was a gift from my sister for completeing my A'Levels (at the time I wanted to do a degree in animation). Ironically, Willow was also an A'Level gift from my parents. Willow has never been fond of competition, but at least she literally has a good taste in books.

1 comment:

Paula said...

The little toad!