Monday 3 March 2008

Not the best start to the week!

Willow has been somewhat out of sorts since she's gone cold-turkey after her thieving sugar-fest. She was a bit sick yesterday evening and we thought that was it finally out of her system. Then I woke up at 3:30am to the distinctive sound of a dog heaving it's stomach contents all over the last clean dog bed. So after sorting out the bed and finally finding something for her to sleep on I headed back to bed. Then began the sultry sound of Gareth snoring. Grr! I was not among the most awake this morning in the flat, and I had a small presentation to prepare with my group before the lecture this morning. I dutifully arrived, everyone sorted into their groups to head off to prepare, and I realised I was the only from my group there. It also became clear that the paper I had to present wasn't the easiest to follow. I managed to bung something together, and luckily the rest of the class were nice enough not to rip shreds out of the presentation - I didn't really understand the paper as it was heavily reliant on equations and modelling systems (there were a couple of equations there that were two lines long, with about 3/4 nested equations within...), but fortunately I could avoid talking directly about them!

Hopefully the rest of the week will pick up - roll on Easter break!

No comments: