Wednesday 18 February 2015

Project #3

My third project of the year was a peg bag made for my Mother-in-law.  I had some remnants from a blue flowery skirt I made last year.  I thought the fabric lent itself well to a summery peg bag, with the addition of some yellow bias binding and buttons.
Overall, it's functional but a bit tight around the coat hanger - I miscalculated and didn't allow enough seam allowance.  If I was keeping it myself I'd just live with it, but as it is a gift I want to make another one to replace it eventually.  My bias binding stitching is also a bit laughable, but you learn with every project. The tutorial I followed said to stitch the bias binding in place once the bag was complete.  This was incredibly fiddly in such a confined space so next time I will stitch it in place before sewing the front and back together.  Luckily a couple of decorative buttons concealed a few shabby ends!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elaine so excited about having a new peg bag, my existing one is held on the hanger by the actual cloths pegs!

love Lynn