Wednesday 31 December 2014

Birthdays and snow

It was my Dad's 60th birthday a few days after Christmas, and my family managed to meet up at my sister's to celebrate.  It is very unusual for us all to gather in one place these days, so it was nice for the cousins to have the opportunity to play together.
My sister and her husband put on a lovely spread for my Dad, which included a massive 60 profiterole cake.  My Dad does so much for his family, so I hope he enjoyed having us all there!

 Happy 60th Dad!  Thank you for always 
being there for us

Unfortunately, I didn't take many photos since I'm still paranoid about actually using my camera, but I did take a couple of photos from our visit.

My youngest nephew, Alex, is 7 months old already and he is such a good baby!  You can see him absorbing (and gumming!) everything around him. 

Baby Alex - how sweet is this face!

It was lovely watching the cousins play, and Lily was so good with Rowan, and held his hand when we went for a walk through the snow.  Rowan was a little unsure about the snow at first, but enjoyed stomping through it by the end - he started copying Lily and tried throwing some snowballs. Rowan was quite taken with Lily, and gave her a goodbye cuddle when we were leaving.

A snowy walk with cousin Lily

 Stomp! Stomp!

 
Rowan also enjoyed rough-housing with Tom.  I'm not sure how much Tom enjoyed that, but he took it all in good nature.

I'm hoping that we see our family more in 2015.  It isn't until you see how much the children have changed between visits that you realise how much time has passed.  I am lucky to have a brilliant, loving family, and it would be good to catch up more.

My sister

My Mum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Stomp Stomp photo, Rowan looks enthralled with the snow, so glad you had such a good time.

Love Lynn

Anonymous said...

60 profiteroles that`s some cake!

Love Lynn

Lainey said...

It was very impressive - sparklers and everything!