Monday 7 May 2012

Toys!

I made these toys for my neices and nephew for Xmas.  I used a template provided by Craftseller magazine, and adapted it for the monster - I didn't think my 7 year old nephew would be thrilled with the overly cute looking birds!
I'm quite proud of them, since it was my first attempt and making toys.  I'll certainly be trying more ambitious toys etc. in the future!


Here's a couple of photos of Willow and Tangent, to prove they are doing ok too.  They are much happier since we moved!
I have some more recent photos of them, but I need to buy a new power cable for the camera my parents kindly gave me so I can upload them.

I love this photo of them together!


'Soooo hungry!'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, love Lynn

Anonymous said...

Brilliant toys Elaine, love Lynn

Unknown said...

I love the toys! I hope the kids love them too! Adorable photos of the dogs as well :-)

Lainey said...

Thanks! They are pretty straight-forward to make too - just a case of sewing a ball with some shapes strategically sewn on. I found the the hardest part was the freehand embroidery for the eyes - one of them ended up looking a bit sinister with it's slanting, evil eyes!