Sunday 15 May 2011

Birthday card

Below is the birthday card I made for my niece's 5th birthday. I hadn't realised how little children orientated craft stuff I had until I came to make this one. Or pink things. The number 5 on the card was originally blue, but I dabbed it with a pink ink pad and went over it with pink glitter-glue to make it more feminine. The wording was meant to be a purple rub-on, but typically it didn't transfer properly so I went over it with a souffle pen. I don't know why I keep bothering with rub-ons; in my experience they just don't work!


I will be posting a couple more cards soon, just waiting for the recipients to receive them first!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Lily will love it. Pink, flowers and butterflies are the requisites for her birthday party (so I've been informed!), so you've got it spot on.

Rubs on are indeed rubbish. I have never got them to work.