Friday 25 April 2008

Ball games

We took Glyn to the vets for his annual booster on Wednesday. And to castrate him. When we handed the lead over to the nurse the ungrateful sod didn't even look back! Perhaps he'll think twice about happily going off with strangers in the future.

We picked him up about 7 hrs later and he was the most subdued we've ever seen him. The drugs were obviously still having an effect! We got him home and let him collapse into sleep - after taking the obligatory photos to prove he does occasionally stay still.
He looked so sorry for himself! I think he was putting off going for a pee in the garden as he didn't drink any water for ages once he got home - I left some water in the pasta I had to boil for him to make sure he was getting fluids. Funny, as all the bitches I've known/owned in the past didn't seem so fussed, and spaying is a much more intrusive operation than castration. Typical bloke I guess!

I should probably add that unfortunately our friend who owned Glyn can't take him with him when he emmigrates, so he will be staying with us. We're happy to have him as he is a great dog, but I feel bad for our friend as it's a horrible decision to have to make.





Glyn looking stoned from the drugs. He was
not particulary impressed with us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You get to keep Glyn then????