Thursday 13 September 2007

Catch up

Sorry about the huge gap betweem posts! I have spent the last few weeks away in various parts of Scotland for this field work - most of the hostels don't have a great internet service, or are too expensive to be worth using. I now have one week left and thankfully it's within driving distance of Aberdeen (seeing more of Scotland is great, but I kinda miss being home in the evenings - plus I'm getting paranoid of the nature/tick association!)
Gareth has broken his leg since I last posted. Nothing heroic; one too many beers and fell over funny on his ankle. I was away at the time so had to come back whilst he had his operation. Since I've had to go away again, his mates have been brilliantly!
The posts should hopefully get more regular in the coming weeks once we get a phone line and internet sorted in the flat - if BT ever pull their finger out. How can a communications company be so crud at communicating? It's been about three weeks now.... grrr!!!
Anyway, just a quick catch up as I'm knackered - got back from Braemar today. It's not hugely far from Aberdeen, but the sites we were using were all on mountains so much hiking was done! I even managed to fit in a run on one of the days!

No comments: