Thursday 5 July 2007

From student bum to just bum...






It was Gareth's graduation yesterday and it went really well. The ceremony was nice - though in Latin so I didn't have a clue what was going on! As with most graduations, your hands are sore from clapping complete strangers and you get a 2 second glimpse of the person you came to see - although my best friend was in the same ceremony, and Gareth's best friend, so a total of 6 seconds out of an hour and a half!



The photo below left is of Gareth and his best friend outside the hall. The umbrellas indicate that Aberdeen's weather held true and merrily rained for all photographs - it was perfectly fine weather during the indoor part of the ceremony. The photo to the right shows a what a true graduation in Aberdeen looks like;















After the years hard work, and last months events, I think Gareth has
certainly earned his degree. We are also off to York tomorrow for a weeks' holiday with Gareth's mum and her partner, so I think the break will do us both good - and then the work for my dissertation begins when I start the tick job and start collecting data... should really start deciding on a title!

No comments: