Friday 27 April 2007

Field trip

I spent yesterday on a field trip with the Animal Care and Welfare course, which doesn't count toward the overall mark and there was no write up involved. So it was just a jolly really. The morning was an interesting trip to the Forfar Guide Dog Centre, which was pretty cool. I was surprised to find that they are one of only four centres that provide all of the UK's blind and partially sighted people with dogs. I was impressed with their kennels, as kennels in general tend to get a bad rep due to poor environmental enrichment etc.
In the afternoon we went to the MaCaulay Land Use Research Institute. There's only so much you can say about watching sheep, cows and red deer. Although a lamb fell down a rabbit hole and got stuck till someone from the course fished it out. That was amusing.

Gareth is highly stressed right now as today is the hand-in day for his dissertation and he's having problems getting it bound before the dead-line. He's cleared it with the department, and as long as it's in today it's ok. I expect he will crash till tomorrow afternoon once he's home!

I got my new trainers, so I'm very excited about my next run, unfortunately they didn't have the Mizuno's I wanted in my size, so I'm trying some Brooks - they seem comfortable enough. Though they are a rather in-you-face blue with yellow stripes; as long as they do the job I'm sure they'll be fine, with zero points to whoevers in charge of aesthetics!

No comments: