Friday 2 January 2009

Well, I really can't believe it's been so long since I last posted! I have been pretty busy of late as I got a temporary job as a data entry clerk at the Plymouth MDEC, and I was working some pretty ludicrous hours (10.5hr shifts aren't good for blogging motivation!). As such, I haven't had a lot of time to do anything worth blogging.

Christmas was good, my husband and I spent the morning with his parents and grandparetns and we headed over to my parents in the afternoon. It was very chilled and just what we needed!
Gareth and I spent New Year's Eve together on our own as we haven't had much time together recently so it was nice just relaxing together watching grot TV! Although I paid for it the next day was a rather horrendous hangover. I woke up yesterday at 2pm feeling somewhat delicate and spent the day making sure I was never more than 8' away from a bathroom. Still, it was all self-induced so I wasn't too sympathetic with myself - except by 10pm when I was pretty miserable and felt that I would have the hangover forever! Today, however I feel absolutely fine and have once again sworn never to drink that much again!

I'm hoping 2009 will be a good year for us. I've been kept on with my temp job for another month, although I'm losing hope that it will become permanent (interviews are next Wed, Thur and Fri and I've yet to hear anything). I've decided to trial being more optimistic this year.

Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hey, you're back! Sounds like a nasty hangover...guess you're just not used to drinking a lot now your student days are over!

Mum told me you had been made permanant at the Mdec, I didn't realise this wasn't the case. Fingers crossed you'll hear something positive soon.

Happy New year to you and Gareth.

Lainey said...

True, although I never used to drink much at all at uni - maybe that's why the hangover was so bad as I'm not used to drinking!
I think the job situation is poor communication. The temp company said it's temporary for 4 weeks, but I have applied through Royal Mail for the permanent position. As the interviews are for the middle of next week it's not looking great, but then Royal Mail are always late! Lol