Sunday 22 June 2008

Race for Life 2008

I've just got back from completing Aberdeen's Race for Life on the beach. Despite the weather being horrendous this morning, the rain held off for the afternoon race which was a bit of a relief! I had pulled my right thigh muscle a few days prior to this race, so wasn't looking forward to the slippery road surface making things complicated! Despite this injury, I knocked 4 minutes off my time last year, which I was happy with considering my fitness/training has not gone to plan between doing fourth year of uni and organising a wedding!

I've included some photos, but unfortunately the camera battery died before the end of the race - I can assure you I was as fresh-faced as at the start! ;p


















Stretching before the race - notice the typical white legs acquired through from living a long time in Scotland.

I'm pretty much dead centre in this photo -

the one with the skull bandana


Well, I'm off now to jump in a hot bath with a cup of hot chocolate. Glyn appeared to enjoy the day too as we took him along for the experience - we left Willow at home as the weather wouldn't have helped her arthritis and she would've eaten any other dog that happened to be there.

No comments: