Monday 25 June 2007

Race for life

The race for life was yesterday, and keeping in true Aberdeen fashion, it tipped it down with rain the entire time and the Windy City lived up to its name. Ironically, the days straddling the event were fairly dry, despite being cold! It left me regretting having two black sports bras
instead of buying a white and black one when I realised the event T-shirt was white, and the weather outlook for June was not the best. Despite this, the event itself was great. The atmosphere was good and I was pleased with my run considering this was the first race I've entered. I wasn't incredibly fast, but I think there were about 40-50 people in front of me (considering there was 1500-2000 people there, I was pleased with this)! It's different keeping your training pace with everyone about you running at different paces, but I think I have the racing bug now and am looking into my next event. Although I have a weeks' rest from running before any big plans!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hey, well done you! I meant to sponser you for this race. Is it too late?

Lainey said...

Nope, it's not too late if you still want to sponsor me. I haven't sent the form/money back yet. I'm glad your move went as smoothly as it could, and I bet Mark's parents are pleased to see Tom and Lily more!